We hold regular Puppy Preschool classes at the clinic
Congratulations on your new puppy
Firstly, congratulations on your new puppy! We look forwarded to meeting the newest addition to your family and helping you provide them with the best veterinary care.
Why should you and your puppy attend Puppy Preschool?
Not only has your puppy left its mother and its litter mates, it’s also having to navigate and learn its place within a new environment. A key learning period for puppies is between the age of 8 to 16 weeks. It is vital within this period that new owners have the tools to help their puppy learn appropriate behaviours and thus have the ability to develop a strong relationship with their pet. Puppy preschool is also a safe environment for your puppy to start socialisation with other dogs.
What will you and your puppy learn at our classes?
- basic commands
- proper puppy manners thus discouraging biting and jumping behaviours
- how to navigate toileting issues
- basic nutrition and parasite prevention
- how to communicate with your puppy effectively and read your puppy’s body language
- how to provide enrichment with toys and feeding ideas and
- how to prevent and manage separation anxiety
Our Puppy Classes
Our puppy classes cater for 8 puppies per class to ensure that we can give you and your puppy one on one time with the trainer. Puppies must be between 8-16 weeks of age and must have the appropriate vaccination coverage for their age (at least one vaccination).
All puppies and owners are different so let us help you teach your puppy to be the perfect pet for you and your family. To make an enquiry, call us on (07) 33 666 666